Today`s workshop is to work along side the product write up for this week – Glossy Accents
This card was made using the new Messy Rabbit Village stamps and I loved every minute of making up these latest samples as felt like an artist just stamping and colouring – well i`m far from that but with the aid of the stamps and my Lyra Aquacolours I dreamt I was !!!
1. Firstly either stamp if you have bold alphabet stamps ( on a nice weight card as the glossy accent will bend slightly when drying ) or print from the computer and cut out , or if you have a cricut machine that would do it for you – then with a koi water brush swip tones of red across the image ( I used Lyra Aquacolours ) and allow to dry
2. Then take the butterfly stamp from the Village cheers pub extra`s stamps and I have used red versafine ink pad – make sure you go off the edge as it adds to the effect – you can make the edges bolder with black pen if needed
3. Then add the glossy accents – do not shake the bottle as this adds air bubbles – starting with the edges run a line of the gloss around the edge and then fill in the gloss and set aside to allow to dry – it doesn`t take so long but i`d leave for the morning and check back later – and don`t be tempted to touch it !!!
4. I have then stamped and coloured a small scene to go behind the letters , glittered the butterflies and and more glossy accents to the apples and the ivy leaves – this is where glossy accents has come into it`s own as it didn`t warp the paper
5. Take some backing paper and mount it onto your base card – I have have used a blossom paper from the Victorian Flowers Cd and then matted the picture onto green card and placed onto the matting with foam tape
6. Then take your dried letters and I have used silicone glue to raise and mount these onto the card
Something a bit different but with lots of meaning to it
Thanks for looking at today`s workshop that works along side the product write up for this week
New Weekly Feature Started – details of a challenge here ( for last week )
This week is the Product write up
You`ll find 89 Listed workshops are here
& if you are new to my blog please have a look around