Victorian Frame meets Pressed Flowers


Today`s workshop is one I have promised as it uses dried flowers and decoupaged ones too

The frame is from the Victorian Frame mounts – flowers and interiors & the greenery is ( maidenhair fern / green fern )  & is behind the acetate and then the flowers decoupaged on top of the acetate – finished with ribbon , flowers and the new little flora doodles  – mini delphiniums

1. First I have added a gold edge to the frame to match the aperture  – the cut the mat the frame using blue tapestry card and then gold embossed card and finally gold mirri – don`t glue or stick any of these at the moment – just keep them to hand

1.

2. Place your frame onto the blue tapestry card and using a pencil mark close to the edge of the aperture – but under the frame so it can`t be seen – do this at the top and bottom and the sides too – this will give you a guide to where your greenery design will need to be centered

2.

3. Start working with the greenery – I find it best to do the design first and then glue them afterwards – that way you know where they need to go – use a copydex glue or if you find it ok PVA

3.

4. Once you are happy with the design you need to cover it over

4.

5. This is done by placing the acetate behind the frame – shown here within this workshop if needed – and then I like to place the frame on with double sided tape for extra depth

5.

6. Take your daffodils and decoupages some heads – these are from the cardmakers year cd – I like to cut into the petals to give extra depth

6.

7. Now add all the layers of the matting onto a base white card – again using foam tape – and then add the decoupage flowers on top of the acetate – I have then glossed them too – make sure you allow them to dry before moving the card

7.

8. I have then taken a flora doodle mini delphinium and poked a paper rose through the centre and folded back the wire so it`s not seen

8.

9. This idea was just to co-ordinate the daffodil colours and look similar too – I made 3 of these

9.

10. Then add them and a sentiment to the bottom of the card and an organza ribbon– have used blue to tie in the tapestry card and then added 3 mini rosebubs to the ribbon and that is your card finished

10.

Thanks for sharing in today`s workshop

_________________________________________________________________

Please enter the October Advise Page with a chance to win

The win the card below – a Pamela West card and lots of crafty goodies too

September WINNER information here

In a new twist to the page i`m going to try and answer more of the problems even if they are not the winning number , sadly without a prize but with the hope the answer will help you – that way hopefully a lot more questions will be resolved

With the card below it`s hard to see the depth of it but it has 6 layers of decoupage on the topper

If you are new to my blog please feel free to look around my blog

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “Victorian Frame meets Pressed Flowers

  1. Another wonderful tutorial Suzanne, I love the way you have used the flora doodles with paper flowers to echo the daffodils.
    Kate x

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s