Well today`s workshop is something I learnt very early on in my crafting life but have only used it twice many moons ago – I had forgotten until today when I wanted to print something on a dark vellum to go under one of Joanna Sheen`s new frames – I put the Iridescent pearlescent vellum in the printer and printed my words so it would fill the aperture – well it was a pile of dotted ink that came out of the printer
I remember the embossing technique so played around and did it on some normal vellum and was so pleased I did
Here is the results including the new frame Joanna will be releasing soon
sorry for the slight glare just I used Halo embossing powder and it has a right twinkle in it
This Technique only really works on vellum or materials that the ink dries slowly form the printer from – so play around and see what works well for you
Below is just the frame – the finished sample will be added after the show
So today`s workshop is just that –
1. I can`t show you the first page of vellum as you have to work really fast before the ink dry – I would set my powder up and tray right next to the printer and when I print my words on a plain document I use nice open letters and have the words right near the bottom of the page so this is the last be to be printed -you can quickly whip the vellum out and sprinkle the embossing powder over the font
I tend to use best print so you have lots of ink – more chance of getting the powder on before it dries
I have used BroadwayBT – size 26 for this one
2. Once the powder is on – it doesn`t have to be embossed straight away but with technique I would
3. Using your heatgun emboss the words – be careful not to over emboss as the vellum can warp – some prefer to heat from underneath the vellum – you might find that works for you
4. Then apply your vellum to the back of the frame – I find using a tape gun helps work around the curves and gets right up to the edge of the frame for a nice hold
5. Once it is added to the frame apply to your base card or use however you wish – I have edged the frame with Sakura gold pentouch – wouldn`t guess I like the gold pen would you !!!
Thanks for sharing in today`s workshop and bringing back some memories too
Please any question’s for the September Advice papge please add – I have one at the moment – thanks for that and keeping the page going – who knows you might be the only one and win the goodies !!!